Saturday, December 10, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World

You gotta don't you. The sheet music is taken from Richard G's Ukulele Songbook - you have to check it out, it's a wonderful resource for songs. If you're a fan of the Judy Garland version, you may not like this. No lush leading chords and some of the words have been changed - I think Israel may have forgotten the song and just went stuff it, I don't know the words here, so I'll just make em up. Same with the chords, I reckon he said to himself, can't work out that passing modulation so, bugger it, I'll just play G!

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW/WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
Israel Kamakiwiwo’ole

[C] [Em] [Am] [F] [C] [Em] [Am] [Am9] [F] [C] Ooh [Em] [F] [C] [F] [E7] [Am] [F]
[C] Somewhere [Em] over the rainbow [F] way up [C] high [
F] And the [C] dreams that you dream of [G] once in a lulla[Am]by [F] [C] Somewhere [Em] over the rainbow [F] blue birds [C] fly
[F] And the [C] dreams that you dream of [
G] Dreams really do come [Am] true [F]
Some [C] day I'll wish upon a star
And [G] wake up where the clouds are far be[Am]hind [F] me
Where [C] trouble melts like lemon drops
[G] High above the chimney tops that’s [Am] where you'll [F] find me [C] Somewhere [Em] over the rainbow [F] blue birds [C] fly
[F] And the [C] dreams that you dare to [G] why oh why can't [Am] I [F]

Well I see [C] trees of [Em] green and [F] red roses [C]too
[F] I'll watch them [C] bloom for [E7] me and [Am] you
And I [F] think to myself [G] what a wonderful [Am] world
[F] Well I see [C] skies of [Em] blue and I see [F] clouds of [C] white
And the [F] brightness of [C] day [E7] I like the [Am] dark
And I [F] think to myself [G] what a wonderful [C] world [F] [C]

The [G] colours of the rainbow so [C] pretty in the sky
Are [G] also on the faces of [C] people passing by
I see [F] friends shaking [C] hands saying [F] how do you [C]do
[F] They're really [C] saying [Dm7] I love [G7] you
I hear [C] babies [Em] cry and I [F] watch them [C] grow
[F] They'll learn much [C] more than [E7] we'll ever [Am] know
And I [F] think to myself [G] what a wonderful [Am] world [F]

[C] Someday I'll wish upon a star
And [G] wake up where the clouds are far be[Am]hind [F] me
Where [C] trouble melts like lemon drops
[G] High above the chimney tops that’s [Am] where you'll [F] find me [C] Somewhere [Em] over the rainbow [F] way up [C] high
[F] And the [C] dream that you dare to [G] why oh why can't [Am] I [F]
[C]Ooh[Em][F][C] [F][E7][Am][F][C]

No comments:

Post a Comment